Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: November 9, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by
solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
The CenturyLink Customer Service Technician will be performing
installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of high-speed
internet, video and voice networks including associated wiring and
equipment. Additionally, maintaining and repairing outside plant
facilities within assigned geographic service areas.
Posting Close Date: 11/18/19Job Description
- Perform installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of
high-speed internet, video and voice networks including associated
wiring and equipment.
- Perform maintenance and repair on outside plant
- Climb poles, use a shovel and pick to dig up and bury cable;
and may be required to work in manholes or controlled environmental
- Locate buried telephone cables.
- Observe all safety rules and regulations.
- Assist other Technical personnel in the performance of their
duties when requested.
- Must convey a positive and professional appearance and demeanor
when communicating the companys products and services to our
- Actively support sales and marketing related activities.
- Direct customer facing work and sales referrals.
- Accountability/dependability (on time and on load when
scheduled and serve on call as needed).
- Teamwork (technical expertise developed to complete work
efficiently to achieve work group key service measures).
- Active Listening (ability to take input from customers, APS and
co-workers to problem solve and improve skills).
- Asking relevant questions to ensure problems are resolved
quickly or to clarify information or directions.
- Active Learning (curious seeker of new information and actively
works to improve skills and knowledge).
- Assume all other duties as assigned.
- Education/experience of High School diploma (or equivalent) or
- Ability to distinguish colors on facilities.
- Ability to handle 28 ft extension ladders (up to 75 lbs.
routine work) and manhole covers (up to 150 lbs.).
- Ability to successfully complete service tech boot camp
training, POTS/DSL installation/repair, cable splicing/maintenance,
basic transmissions, air pressure, and HSI installations (self and
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Ability to work in confined spaces (e.g. attics, crawl spaces,
- Ability to work aloft (e.g. ladder).
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and at
various hours of the day/night.
- Ability to work varying shifts and hours including possible
mandatory overtime, weekends and holidays.
- A valid drivers license and satisfactory driving record.
- Prior experience as a customer facing telecom operations
- Basic electricity training/certification or documented
equivalent work experience.
- ADSL installation/repair experience (self/full installs).
- A+/Net + Certified Required Soft Skills.
Alternate Location: US-Missouri-Jefferson City
Requisition #: 215675
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a
union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining
agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to
join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or,
(b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a
condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to
join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated
to pay union dues.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability, medical
condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status,
pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively,
"protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination
in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring,
compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job
assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Jefferson City , Service Technician, Professions , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!