Senior Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer
Company: Workiva, Inc.
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Led by an action-driven leadership team, employees at Workiva
develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the
business market. We firmly believe our people are our greatest
assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to
not only make a difference, but BE the difference. This incredible
culture has earned us a spot on Fortune Magazine's 100 Best
Companies to work for list for the 2nd consecutive year!
As a Senior Presales Solution Engineer Business Partner, you will
work closely with Workiva Sales teams to align Workiva s innovative
platform to the technology portfolio for our customers and
partners. You will coordinate technical architecture, solutions,
and integration throughout the entire deal lifecycle including
discovery, solution development, presentation, and proposal. Using
your technical and integration knowledge, you will play an
important role in the Workiva sales process; driving large, complex
deals in key accounts.
The Senior Solutions Engineer serves as the technical and solution
expert to assist in mapping a customer's needs to our application
across one or more domain areas. In addition, the Senior Solutions
Engineer leads technical discussions on sales calls with customers
While an individual contributor, the Senior Solutions Engineer is
seen as a leader among their peers and proactively finds
opportunities to have a cross-organizational impact, take
initiatives, and may help develop and mentor others.
* Works with the sales team to engage customers and prospects via
phone, web, or onsite meetings, drive the discovery process, and
identify areas where Workiva solutions align to address
* Offers subject matter expertise in Workiva technology and
solutions, and demonstrates how Workiva can meet the customer's
goals and objectives.
* Present business cases and proposals that articulate Workiva's
value and ROI.
* Ensures customer success by working with Workiva Client Services
team for smooth onboarding and long term success.
* Develops and delivers compelling presentations of Workiva's
platform to customers by developing new use-cases or by using
existing templates providing proof of our solution's impact and
* Qualifies, develops, and helps close opportunities leveraging
cross organizational team members.
* Conducts process assessments with customers, builds Proof of
Concepts to validate requirements, builds and presents customer
specific business cases.
* Follows emerging market trends and provides guidance on their
application to customers.
* Presents Workiva product roadmap to customers and partners
* Develops expertise across multiple domain areas developing
working knowledge of industries, departments, and use cases where
Workiva can have an impact.
* Broadly shares subject matter, application, technical, market and
customer insights and experience.
* Leads by mentoring peers, onboarding new associates, cross-domain
coaching, and leading on-going training.
* Consistently demonstrates leadership across the team and the
organization while serving as a champion of Workiva s values.
* Collaborates with product managers, technical specialists, and
architects, to achieve team and company goals.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and
experience in a related field.
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
* Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results and
* The ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast paced,
rapidly changing environment is necessary
* Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures
simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
* Knowledge of financial systems from enterprise software companies
like Oracle, SAP, NetSuite, Anaplan, Workday, Sage, etc.
* Ability to leverage sales approaches and methodologies
prioritized by Workiva leadership on a consistent basis.
* Ability to speak to multiple customer audiences from individual
contributor to executive management with confidence and a tailored
* Ability to establish customer connections and business
* Can communicate, present and discuss Workiva's data flows,
integration capabilities as it relates to a customer's current
* Advanced problem solving skills with the ability to adapt to
changing technology and business environments.
* 3-5 years of experience in public accounting and/or corporate
* 3-5 years of hands on experience with Workiva solutions or other
* Senior Associate or Consultant level in the Big Four or public
* Experience engaging with and presenting to business managers and
* Experience with SaaS solutions, cloud technologies, and web
* Experience with enterprise applications such as SAP, NetSuites,
Oracle, IBM and cloud applications such as Host Analytics, Anaplan,
Up to 70%
WHERE YOU LL WORK
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these
values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team
members, build our products and in the work environment we ve
* CUSTOMER SUCCESS: Always delight our customers.
* TRUST: We rely on each other.
* INTEGRITY: Do the right thing, every time.
* COLLABORATION: Share resources and work together.
* INNOVATION: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
* INCLUSION: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
* ACCOUNTABILITY: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique
culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday.
We give our employees the freedom and resources they need backed by
our culture of collaboration and diverse thought to continue
innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a
wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some
of today s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you ll enjoy:
* FANTASTIC BENEFITS: With coverage starting day one, choose from
competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest
physician networks available.
* CASUAL DRESS: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people
wear jeans to the office.
* INVOLVEMENT: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups,
(Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow
(LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide
celebrations, and more
* WORK-LIFE BALANCE: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental
Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside
LEARN MORE: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or
Keywords: Workiva, Inc., Jefferson City , Senior Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer, Sales , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!